Yuvo helps to simplify the onboarding process with a digital onboarding workflow.
This enables internal staff members that are involved with onboarding employees to keep track of the process, and the new hire will be able to complete onboarding tasks via a New Hire Dashboard.
How to Set Up an Onboarding Workflow
Go to Workflows on the left side menu. Click on "Add new workflow template".
The Workflows module comes with some pre-made onboarding templates.
You can use these as a starting point:
New Employee Pre-Onboarding
Click on any of these templates, and you'll be able to see all the pre-set tasks. Click on "Use" to use this template as a starting point.
Once the template has been created, you can make any necessary edits.
You can refer to this article on how to edit a workflow. Once you're happy with the workflow, you'll be able to use it when adding a new hire.
How to Add a New Joinee
Go to My Employees on the left side menu.
Click the "Add employee" button and select "Add new joinee".
You will be guided through a setup wizard to configure the onboarding process for this new employee.
Step 1: Fill in Basic Info
1. Determine when to give the new joinee full access to the Yuvo platform. Until full access is granted, the new hire can only access the New Hire Dashboard and have limited interactions in YuvoChat.
Full access when admin approves: an admin will need to manually grant full access to the employee.
To manually grant full access to a new joinee, go to My Employees > find the employee profile > click on the 3 dots > click on "Give full access".
Full access after joining date: the employee will automatically be granted full access after the joining date.
2. Fill in the new employee's information. The Full Name, Email/Mobile No. and Designation fields are mandatory.
3. If the new employee needs to know any staff in the company, add them here by clicking on the "Add People to know about" button.
Tick "Enable chat with new joinee" to allow the new hire to contact the assigned employee in YuvoChat.
4. Choose the type of documents the employee is required to upload. Learn how to set up your company's document types here.
5. Click the "Create Employee" button to proceed to step 2.
Note: If you see a message like the one below, you have exceeded the number of seats allocated to you when your company first signed up with Yuvo. Hence, you will be charged for this additional employee.
Acknowledge the message in order to proceed to step 2.
Step 2: Trigger the Workflow
1. Choose the workflow that you created from the Workflow Template dropdown list.
2. By default, the Event Date will be the employee's joining date, and all tasks will be triggered based on that date.
If you want to change the date, you can click on the calendar icon.
3. Toggle the settings for the workflow.
Workflow name: you can customise this if required
Workflow visibility: tick "allow task assignees to see all workflow tasks" if you wish to allow the employee to see all tasks, even those not assigned to them
Chat group settings: tick "create group chat for this workflow" if you wish to create a group chat for all of the task assignees
Yuvo-san Status Update Settings: select how often you wish to get updates about the workflow
4. Tick the check box on the top to select all tasks, or individually tick the tasks you want to assign.
Again, you can change the trigger time of any of the tasks by clicking on the calendar icon.
5. Scroll to the bottom and click on the button 'create a new workflow with X tasks' to go to step 3.
Step 3: Send invite
You can choose to send an invitation by email or SMS and customise the invite message. Once done, click on the "Next" button.
You'll be able to preview what the invite looks like. If everything is fine, click on "Send Invite via Email".