Admins can add a manager, or update the reporting manager of an employee in the Org Chart in 2 ways:
- Drag and drop from Org Chart directly
- Assign reporting manager through Employee Profile
Option 1: Drag and drop from Org Chart directly
Using the Org Chart, admins may now add or update reporting managers of employees directly by using the drag and drop functionality.
- Once successfully updated in the Org Chart, the updated reporting manager for the employee should be reflected in the respective employee's employment page as well. (My Employees > select employee > Employment)
Option 2: Add/ Edit reporting manager in Employee profile page
Alternatively, updating of employee's reporting managers can also be done through an employee's profile page, which will then be reflected in the Org Chart.
To add or edit an employee's position in the organizational chart system, the new reporting manager of the employee updated in the system. This can be done via the following steps:
- Go to My Employees on the left menu. Select the employee for whom you wish to assign/update a manager.
- Under the Employment tab, click on the button Edit.
- Select the respective manager to assign the employee to under the drop down box in Manager.
- The reporting manager will now be reflected in both the employee's profile page, as well as on the Org Chart.